Monday, August 12, 2013

Seoul Day 4 | 2013 ETA Graduation Ceremony at Korea University

Today is the official culmination of our Korean language courses. It was wake up early, pack up, check out of our hotel rooms, board the buses, and drive to Korea University, where our graduation ceremony would be held. 

Here is our day in photos.

2013-2014 ETAs and our Korean language instructors posing for photos at the end of the ceremony

A couple of very important people said a few words to open the ceremony. It began with the granting of certificates, and was followed up by students performing skits or sharing their class videos.

The 90-degree bow as modeled by Mr. Tarnowsky

Class photo on stage with our certificates and gifts from Korea University

The mart scene

The whole skit may or may not have centered around the idea of Brendan here looking like Hugh Jackman (class inside joke) 



So many cameras at the event
After the ceremony, we ate a light lunch. Then, our final grades were given to us by our instructors.

Seonsaengnim handing out papers containing our grades
 We all passed! (Of course).

Class Photo: Classy Edition

Class Photo 2: With both seonsaengnims!
I will miss my teachers, but what a huge relief to be done with Korean classes! Many ETAs plan on continuing their language acquisition by signing up for more classes throughout the year. I am still undecided whether or not I want to go this route. We'll see in the coming days. Hopefully the little that I know now will suffice as far as self-introductions at my school placement goes, and will continue to grow as I begin to interact with my host family!

7 comments:

  1. Nice to see those picture Mi. I like reading the captions, it's not that long and more photos. I think that's the one thing you'll learn in Korea. To bow like that. That guy looks like the actor.

    Mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma, I'm glad you like the photo stories that I post! I have been posting more photos and less paragraphs because of how busy it's been. I hope the photos still give you a good sense of what we're up to here :D And I'm working on my bow!

      Delete
  2. Yaaay! You did it! Congratulations on learning Korean! I would say you don't have to take more classes because that's really not your priority in the future. Instead, put all you strength in English teaching and do some tae kwon do! Explore Busan as well. That should be awesome. You're lookin' fine btw. Lovin the red blazer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sis! It seems everyone (aka you and Emily) loves this red blazer. I am definitely making plans to do Taekwondo here. Since meeting my host family though, I think learning Korean has bumped up a bit more on my list of priorities.

      Delete
  3. hi mimi... I hope u still remember me and apple.. we are ur classmate in elementary...I keep visiting ur place hoping to see u there but they keep saying that they don't know when u will come back... hope to chat u... God bless my fren... happy that I found u sawakas..gi google ko nym mo... hehehe... miss u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Joy! Of course I remember you. I'm so happy to be reconnected with you! Let's keep in touch ha! <3

      Delete

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...