Tuesday, August 13, 2013

2013 Talent Show | Most Likely to Become a Professional Blogger Award

It's official, folks. My blog has received the very-official stamp of approval from the Fulbright Talent Show Committee. And now I would like to thank...
We basically never stop around here. 

The OCs always have something planned. And if they don't have something planned, they have other ETAs plan an event for us just like tonight's Talent Show! I went to Goesan earlier today to get 8x10 prints of some of my photos, which I have decided is how I will make my contributions for the event. (Times like these really make me wish I had a performable talent!). 

There were great performances in song and dance and instrument-playing, and there were cool exhibits on origami and drawings - among many other things. Sitting back on my chair, feeling slightly feverish, my amazement over the caliber of talent we have as a group was renewed and compounded with each new act! 

I almost wished they had arranged this event earlier but, then again, maybe not as many people would have signed up, and we would certainly not have witnessed most of the dynamic pairings and groupings that showcased their talents on the stage! 

A night of fun and entertainment and bonding :)

Just a few of the handful of ETAs who shared their talents! I was so entertained and inspired by the different ways each and every one of them expressed themselves!

My way of contributing to the talent show; also a mini advertisement to the natural beauty of the Philippines!
Once I get more time, I will post the photos on my photography website since I edited a few more photos from the 2011 trip to the Philippines for the event!

After everyone's performances and exhibits, the OC Team surprised us by dancing as a group on stage. It was one of the best, most entertaining things I have seen during Orientation! With all the work they do, I have no idea how they found the time to also learn a dance!

Anthony said that they got the steps down the night before. Uh-huh...

MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU
Do you have a performable talent? What is it? How have you shared it with others?
If you don't have a "performable" talent, what have you done to showcase talents/abilities/skills not easily performed on the stage?

2 comments:

  1. Are those pictures all yours Mi? Those are nice. Those are your talents and I'm sure there's more. How about if you sing next time :) so did you include you new friends and other ETAs in your blog now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ma. The ones that are hanging up are mine! I'm sure I have more talents, but I'm not so sure singing is one of them. Hahaha!

      About your question about the other ETAs, I posted the link to their blogs on my right-hand sidebar. You can click on their blogs and see what their experiences have been like in Korea so far. We all have such different perspectives it's quite interesting to read theirs, too!

      Delete

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...