Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Very Relaxing Night After a Whole Day of Wrestling with a Research Paper

Host mom lit this candle and placed it on the floor to freshen up
the air and help ward off mosquitoes in the apartment
Officially, I have graduated from college but, until today, there was still one thing - one very important research paper - that I still needed to complete and submit to my University in order to be technically done with my undergraduate years.

Today I finally finished the last of my edits and submitted the paper, immediately falling back on my bed from mental exhaustion.

I gulped down the awful knowledge that there really is no such thing as a completed paper. Only drafts upon drafts upon [hopefully] improved drafts.

Mimi, allow yourself to be done. Let it go. Close your eyes. Sleep. 

Hours later, Seoyeon knocked on my door, and eventually lured me out of my bedroom by inviting me to a dinner of grilled chicken. I stayed up late, enjoying the chatter of my family and being warmed by their close company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...