Friday, August 23, 2013

Fueling Up For Day #2 of Teaching: Feast My Host Mom Prepared for Me

My host mom's amazing home-cooked breakfast
My room is right next to the kitchen, so I could distinctly hear my host mom stirring at 3 a.m. already preparing for the day! I don't know if this is part of her routine, or if she's going out of her way to wake up earlier in order to cook more for me before school. 

When I finally woke up three hours later, she had everything prepared on the table. She must have been very tired, but she still called me to the table with the sweetest smile and with the softest voice, saying, "Mimi, eat" in Korean. It was like a short song she composed just for the occasion. 

Most of the food looked strange to me, but I tried everything and found them to be delicious! When he gets home from work and eating a meal with us, host dad is always telling me about how mom is the best cook on the island, how she makes every thing by hand, and how the ingredients are organic (some even grown from host mom's family farm in the countryside!). 

When you know how the food is made, how long it took to make, and where it was grown, you appreciate every bite even more. 

And, to answer your question, no - I wasn't able to eat all of this before heading to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...