Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Delicious Food & Drinks Overload AND Finally Teaching Tomorrow


My host mom got wind that I love chicken, and so decided to surprise me with this chicken curry for breakfast! I feel so incredibly spoiled here. Why are they so nice?!

Sookhee's all-in-one tea set at work
I'm not the only one who takes food photos!
When I got to school, Sookhee, my Fulbright c0-teacher, made me tea using her beautiful tea glass and cup. The tea came in the form of flower blossoms. I was mesmerized just looking at the whole simple tea-making process.

Having been schooled in the basics of the Korean Tea Ceremony reminded me to cradle the cup of tea in my hands and just slowly inhale in the aroma of an all-natural, healthy, calming drink.

This was about the only variation in my schedule from the past two days. Still no observing or teaching because my classes keep getting cancelled for one reason or another.


Sookhee comforted me by saying that tomorrow I teach!

This evening, the sound of ridiculously infectious laughter drew me out of the room. It was my host sisters and host mom laughing to the point of crying because they had accidentally created a super portion of patbingsu for dessert!

I had no idea why this was funny, but I laughed along with them. The bowl looked absolutely mouth-watering.

Patbingsu is a shaved ice dessert in Korea, especially popular during the hot and humid season. There is a variety of sliced fruit, red beans, and scoops of ice cream layered on top of shaved ice!
I absolutely love capturing my host family smiling or laughing. My host mom was still tickled, and giggling off to the side as she plopped this bowl of many wonderful things on our short living room table. 

Lots of laughter, Google translating back and forth, and eating. This was a very good Jeong-building night. 

But, seriously though, I can't wait to teach tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...