Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Solution to AC Problems: Move to Another Room!

My roommate Tara "sweeping" the floor using toilet paper. There is no broom or dustpan available.
After the workshops this afternoon, the Chief OC pulled a group of us aside and told us that they had found a solution to our aircon-less problems: Move to another room!

However inconvenient it sounded, my roommate Tara and I decided to take them up on their offer to give us the keys to another unit in the building. From room #1017, we moved to room #928, which had a working AC.

The room was dirty though so we spent the better half of our free time after dinner that night cleaning drawers, tables, floors and the bathroom. Now we can chill in our rooms and not sweat like crazy, and we can sleep through the night without shifting from discomfort.

We had the option to have Jimmy, the male RA, help us move our stuff from one room to the other, but we were so eager to get started that we didn't wait when this service would be available the next day and just moved everything right after dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a working AC now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! (I can't tell who to address this reply to since there's no name! PLEASE include your name in your future posts! :D). I spend a lot of time in my room so having the AC even on "Low" has made the quality of my existence here that much better!

      Delete

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...