Sunday, July 21, 2013

Discovered My Favorite Korean Snack Just in Time for My Study Session!

Mrs. Shim wasn't kidding. Our Donghae trip really was the only time we would get to relax before being hit by the two-week tidal wave that is Camp Fulbright. Camp Fulbright is described on the Fulbright website as "Korea's most comprehensive, dynamic, and exciting" English camp, bringing together young people from all over Korea who are interested in receiving deep immersion in the English language and in making friends from the United States. The campers attend classes and play in and around Jungwon, communicating with each other in nothing but English (or so they agreed to do when they signed their contracts). Meanwhile, the ETAs are given the opportunity to teach a total of three classes during these two weeks, giving us the chance to engage with and teach Korean students before being placed in our schools. The program is designed to be a win-win situation. 

With all that said, tomorrow is a very big day and I have to pick up a lot of work that I left unattended during the weekend. 

REASONS WHY TOMORROW IS A BIG DAY:
  • My Lesson Plan #2 is due at 11:59 p.m. tonight.
  • I am scheduled to observe someone else's class at 9:30 a.m. tomorrow.
  • My Korean language quiz #2 is immediately after at 11:00 a.m. and
  • I teach my first class tomorrow at 2:25 p.m., right after observing and evaluating another ETA's teaching performance. 
No big deal. 

I wandered into the university mart and looked for something I could snack on while studying a hundred vocab words. This is what I found:

Round, chocolate-covered crackers!
I ate an entire box tonight and didn't even get through all of the vocab! I will have to avoid the mart for a few days to recuperate from all of this unhealthy goodness...

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...