Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Tour of Jungwon University on a Rare Sunny Day!

Very uncharacteristically of me, I have not taken too many photos in the two weeks that I have been here. Everything I have shared so far on this blog have been taken using my iPhone. The DSLR is still tucked away, just waiting to come out at the right moment. Until then, here are some photos of Jungwon taken by my trusty iPhone.

The light streaming in through these glass doors drew me outside

I immediately went from cool to hot, and from I-want-to-appreciate-the-world to I-can-hardly-see-anything-the-world-is-so-bright!

I believe there are 11 floors, not including many secret underground floors

Signage in English

Something about this tree really impressed me

This is a map of Jungwon. You can see the pool to the left, and the site where I am wandering around taking pictures to the right

Jungwon looks so luscious and pretty when it is bathed in sunlight!

Fountain and rock formations across the bleachers and field

A clearer view of the fountain

The bleachers. From what I've heard, Jungwon is a school with many student-athletes

More lusciousness to the right of the bleachers

And this is the sight that will greet you if you turn to the left of the bleachers

Apparently framing photos using trees/tree branches is something I like to do a lot

This creature looks like a lion to me. What do you think?
This is only one side of the campus but I hope you enjoyed the tour!

MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU
What do you think of Jungwon, the "Marble Mansion"? Do you like reading/viewing blog posts made up of more photos or with more words?

4 comments:

  1. I think Jungwon is lovely, and I enjoy both types of blog posts. Your pictures make me want to see more of the world. And for the record, Paul thinks the statue is very much a lion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Then it really must be a lion! I remember how good he was at identifying the animals in his Zoo book, and sharing fun facts about each of them. Please thank him for confirming my guess! Also, I'm glad that the pictures are able to transport your mind to faraway places. I hope you will have the opportunity to see more of the world for yourself and not just through photos!

      Delete
  2. The pics you posted are beautiful Mi. I like the views specially the green fields and trees. I saw you were wearing you new shoes :) I hope it's comfortable for you for all day of wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma, Korea is very green, just like Washington! When we're driving around on our buses, etc. all I see outside my window are green vegetation! As for my shoes, I am SO glad that we found the two pairs! I have been wearing them a lot here, and they are very appropriate and comfortable. Thank you for buying them for me, Ma! You always know exactly what I need.

      Delete

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...