Saturday, October 19, 2013

2013 Fall Conference | Bibimbap, Workshops, Photo Shoot, Girlfriends

Welcome to Day #2 of Fall Conference!

It's a funny thing to be on the other side of the camera during these gatherings. This might not seem like a big deal, but, internally, I am straining against the intense desire to grab a camera (mine or someone else's!) and compose the images myself. 

Here is one that I did not have anything to do with (save for the post-processing): 

GROUP PHOTO OF OUR FULBRIGHT KOREA ETAS

Photo credit: Vincent Flores, English Program Manager at Fulbright Korea

Enjoying a delicious lunch of bibimbap with these ladies! 

My bowl: the beginning of something great

After lunch, a few of us braved the cold Gyeongju afternoon and took a brief walk before our workshops

Business men

Afternoon workshops in full swing

Andrew, our Program Coordinator handing out our mysterious letters

We received these envelopes bearing our names. 
Inside were the Statement of Purpose letters we had written as part of our application. We took a few minutes to quietly read these, refresh ourselves on what we ourselves had written about what we hoped we would accomplish should we be given the opportunity and the privilege of serving as ETAs and cultural ambassadors in South Korea.

The soft crinkling of paper; surprised exclamations; amused giggled; feet shifting; someone coughing; Andrew grinning at the success of his reflective exercise.

After this and a few more activities, we headed outside for a group photo shoot. Since I wasn't in charge of taking the main photos, I decided to take photos of the subjects, as well as the photographer. What else would I be doing?!

My fellow ETAs

I wonder what these two were talking about as they climbed this flight of stairs




Our photographer, Mrs. Shim, Liam, and Andrew

Dispersing after the group photo shoot

Jean and I both went up the elevator and crashed on our respective beds. 
She crashed first, allowing me to take a photo that then reminded me of a similar one I took of her crashing in bed while in Seoul.

We were on our own for dinner. This is me wandering around outside the Commodore with a group of girls, searching for food in the cold, cold night.

After dinner, Jean and I hung out in the room, later joined by our other wonderful ETA friends!

Gabrielle entertained us for the majority of our time together. This may or may not have included a sock puppet show - among other antics!
Laughing while lounging in bed = a great way to end the evening. Tomorrow, we have the whole day to spend however we like in Gyeongju!

Stay tuned for the very exciting things a still-sick Mimi will do come Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...