Saturday, September 7, 2013

Exploring A Small Section of Seomyeon, Busan with My Fellow ETAs

On our third weekend in Busan, some of the ETAs decided to spend an afternoon together. I spent an hour and a half getting lost on my way to Seomyeon, and was thankful to find Monica, Anna, and Ray patiently waiting for me at the station. 

This is our afternoon together:

What better way to announce the dynamic-ness of Busan than to have large, imposing signs like these everywhere?
I almost got hit by multiple cars taking this picture, so appreciate it for the miracle that it is.

I am still not quite sure how to make this subway station map beneficial to me, but it looks very organized and helpful, doesn't it?

We spent some time at a PC-bang (?), where we sang songs and played racing and fighting games - most of which I lost.

Seomyeon is bigger and more overwhelming than Nampo
There are also a ridiculous number of clothing stores underground that I must go and explore another time!

Afternoon light
We wandered around for a bit before settling inside a restaurant, where we shared a big meal together. It was delicious and filling! Monica and Anna gave Ray and me some random knowledge about ETA-related business in South Korea in general and Busan in particular.

All the lights
After dinner, the rest talked of doing more things together (perhaps seeing a movie, or getting dessert!), but I wistfully informed them of my 9:30 p.m. curfew, and, (judging from how lost I had gotten on the way from Yeongdo to Seomyeon), I had to make every allowance to head back as early as possible. Like 7:30 or 8:00 p.m. early. 

They wondered that I would keep such an early curfew; I agreed that it was early, and also expressed that keeping it was one of the ways I was establishing jeong with my Korean family. They understood. In no time, the four of us were back underground, and the three of them shepherded me to the appropriate subway line, gave me hugs, and promised we would all meet up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...