Friday, April 25, 2014

Dinner & Noraebang Date With Jana at Seomyeon & Going Past My Curfew

RE-MEETING JANA
I met Jana on my first month here in Yeongdo, but was just reconnected with her this April due to a storm of events. We met up at Seomyeon this evening - eating what looked to me like strips of grilled chicken on a bed of sweet and sour salad. It was tasty, as she had promised! Once I remember what this dish is called, I will add it to my list of "To Cooks."


After dinner, she led me through a maze of people on our way to what would turn out to be the swankiest noraebang (karaoke) place I have ever been to (which is not a lot, btw, considering this is only my second one here in Korea). But, she assured me that this place was, indeed, the most popular place to go to because, not only was it tastefully designed, they also served unlimited beverages and ice cream.



It was a bit difficult to sing and eat my cup of strawberry ice cream, but I managed. So did she, with her helping of chocolate ice cream. It was a fun night, but I definitely went past my curfew (still 9:30 p.m. for those who are curious). This curfew thing is not as bad as it sounds! I understand that my Korean host parents are only concerned about my safety, so I make sure to let them know where I am going, with whom, and what time I will be returning home. My host mom usually promptly replies with messages like these:

TEXT MESSAGES FROM MY HOST MOM
"Mimi and spend a great time and come home with care ~~^^ <3" or
"Mimi is a delicious dinner and have a great time~^^ <3"
"Mimi have an enjoyable dinner~~** <3" 

She always ends her messages to me with a heart! I love you, too, Host Mom ^^ <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...