Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Last Week of My Grant Year: Thursday Classes | Adjectives Lesson

Caught off guard by the unexpected mini break I enjoyed this past week, I came back to school a bit dizzy over the fact that this would be the last week of my 2013-2014 teaching contract! The beginning of each week for me, lesson-wise, is Thursday so I am grateful that I at least have the opportunity to say a [temporary] goodbye to all 12 of my classes. 

ADJECTIVES LESSON
Not feeling overly sentimental over my upcoming departure, I decided to pick up on the adjectives lesson I had begun right after the students took their English Speaking Tests with me. That test brought me face-to-face with all of my students, which I enjoyed! It also showed me all kinds of glaring grammatical errors that I wanted to address in future lessons. I couldn't write side notes quickly enough! So, even though a bit boring, I continued on with this particular lesson, showing students how to properly use "-ed" and "-ing" at the end of adjectives. 

Believe me, it's necessary when students are in the habit of saying things like: 

"[This weekend, I went to Nampodong] because I was boring" 
instead of 
"...because I was bored."

I stifled a small giggle after the first few students said this (or some variation of this), but after the 84th student, I had lost all initial mirth, experiencing each subsequent "...because I was boring" statement almost as a personal attack. But, don't worry, everybody survived the English Speaking Test! 

BACK TO TODAY
Just to be merciful though, I tacked on a simple "Hot Seat" English vocab game at the latter half of class, which the students enjoyed immensely. It worked so well that, after teaching it to the first of three classes I faced today, I quickly revised my powerpoint in the teachers' office to include more words. 

CLASS PHOTO


Not that I have favorites or anything but two of my former YDAC students are in this class! There are many passionately competitive students in this class who bring incredible energy to games we play together!
I would include photos of my other two classes, but the students were so camera shy that basically everyone hid their faces using one creative method or other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the things that will help motivate me to update this blog on a regular basis is knowing that you are reading it. Share your thoughts on the content by leaving a comment.

I will respond within a day or two, so check back to continue our conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...